Stamford American International School is pleased to offer a boarding program at ACS Oldham Hall Premier Boarding for our students who have immediate families that reside in another country. Our boarding program is open to all SAIS Secondary Students from Grades 6 to 12. Boarding is mandatory for all SAIS students whose parents are not residing in Singapore.
Stamford Boarding @ ACS Oldham Hall is centrally located in Singapore, 10 minutes from Newton MRT with easily-accessible amenities such as supermarket, bookshop, convenience stores, eateries and clinic. an award-winning hostel (conferred by the Ministry of Education, Singapore), offers a family atmosphere that is safe, secure and caring, with an international community of friends.
The safety and wellbeing of our students is the number one priority for us at Stamford Boarding. There is regular communication from the Head of Boarding and Boarding Team to the Academic and Pastoral Care Teams at Stamford American.
The Boarding Program available to Stamford American students aged 12 and above, provides an environment that develops both social and emotional wellbeing as well as academic growth. The Boarding Program focuses on 3 key areas:
Safety and Guardianship
Our Boarding Program supports physical, emotional, and pastoral care. Stamford American International School takes the responsibility for safety and well-being of students seriously.
- An assigned Head of Boarding and Boarding Team are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of Stamford Boarding students. Guardianship duties include areas such as attending Parent Teacher meetings, assisting with communication from School to Parent, Bus and Cafeteria registrations.
- All staff within this Stamford Boarding Program have been background checked to international safeguarding standards and are CPR, first-aid and Safeguarding trained.
- There is 24-hour staffing including on-site supervision at the Stamford Boarding House. Students access with fingerprint access and guests are required to sign in. With a staff to boarder ratio of 1:12, we ensure all boarders are safe and accounted for every day, in addition to attending to pastoral, administrative, housekeeping and disciplinary matters.
Academic and Wellbeing
Our Boarding Program supports academic growth. Stamford American International School has a strong track record of graduating students with a US-accredited High School Diploma, or Advanced Placement International Diploma, or the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, or a blend of both, attending universities of their choices around the world.
- Additional university and academic counselling.
- Additional tuition in English.
- Dedicated and spacious Study Rooms provides conducive environment for boarders.
- Structured boarding life that helps boarders develop independence, self-discipline, and time management.
- Develop boarders to their fullest potential and provides opportunities for leadership training such as being a student leader in Students’ Council.
Community and Social Bonding
Our Boarding Program offers a nurturing and fun community. Stamford American International School is a warm and welcoming community with over 75 nationalities. To prepare young people for life through living in a diverse community, learning to be kind and appreciative towards one another.
- Diverse recreational and sports facilities such as swimming pool, basketball / badminton courts, BBQ pit allow boarders to enjoy active living and social bonding.
- Building friendship and bonding across cultures with student social evenings and weekend outings.
- Building community with free-flow activity and communal areas for students to use.
When residing at Stamford Boarding House, students/families will have access to:
- 111 clean, safe and cozy rooms comprising of 2, 3 and 4-bedded rooms with air-conditioning, WIFI, as well as personal study desk and wardrobe.
- Two nutritious meals a day (breakfast and dinner) are served at the Dining Hall. Lunch options are available at Stamford American School Cafeteria on campus. During weekends, 3 meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be provided.
- Comprehensive services for boarding students including laundry facilities, WIFI, study rooms, music practice rooms, leisure areas, gardens, and gym.
|Registration & Miscellaneous Fee||S$350||Non-refundable|
S$27,485 per annum (billed semesterly)*
The above fees include GST.
*This fee includes:
(a) shared air-conditioned boarder rooms; (b) meals (breakfast and dinner daily; lunch included during weekends/public holidays); (c) laundry (up to 9 pieces of clothing per wash, 27 pieces a week washed and ironed); and (d) internet access, (e) insurance, (f) all the fixtures, fittings and household effects but does not cover any miscellaneous charges such as holiday coverage, cleaning, storage fee etc. Such fees will be billed by the school depending on the requirement.
Boarding arrangement with Stamford American will only cover the academic days of the year. Each boarder will have to organise holiday coverage directly with our Head of Boarding. Other miscellaneous fees imposed by the Boarding House may apply. Please refer to the boarding contract for more details.
Please fill in the form below if you're interested to learn more about our Boarding Program.