Stamford American International School is pleased to offer a boarding program at 21 Linden Drive in Singapore for our students who have families that reside in another country.
The safety and wellbeing of our students is the number one priority for us at Stamford. We know that our students learn and thrive in a safe and secure environment. The Boarding Program available to Stamford American students provides an environment that develops both social and emotional wellbeing as well as academic growth.
Students aged 12 and above can enter our Singapore international boarding school. There is regular communication from the Head of Boarding and Boarding Team to the Academic and Pastoral Care Teams at Stamford. The Boarding Programs focuses on 3 key areas:
Safety and Guardianship
Our Boarding Program supports physical, emotional and pastoral care. Stamford American International School takes the responsibility for safety and well-being of students seriously.
- An assigned Head of Boarding and Boarding Team is responsible for the safety and wellbeing Boarding students. Guardianship duties include areas such as attending Parent Teacher meetings, assisting with communication from School to Parent, Bus and Cafeteria registrations.
- All staff within this Boarding Program have been background checked to international safeguarding standards and are CPR, first-aid and Safeguarding trained.
- There is 24-hour staffing including on-site supervision at the Boarding House. Students access with fingerprint access and guests are required to sign in.
Academic and Wellbeing
Our Boarding Program supports academic growth. Stamford American International School has a strong track record of graduating students with IB DP and AP attending universities all around the world.
- Additional university and academic counseling is available to students boarding.
- Additional tuition in English is available to students boarding.
- Students boarding can study either in their rooms or in the open plan study areas.
Community and Social Bonding
Our Boarding Program offers a nurturing and fun community. Stamford American International School is a warm and welcoming community with over 75 nationalities.
- Building community with student social evening and weekend outings.
- Building a network with structured activities at the Boarding House.
- Building community with free-flow activity and communal areas for students to use.
When residing at the international boarding house, students/families will have access to:
- 190 clean, safe and cozy rooms comprising of 2 and 3 bedded rooms. All residential rooms have en-suite bathroom. Rooms are air-conditioned and offer either a garden, greenery or open field view.
- Two nutritious meals a day (breakfast and dinner) are served at the Boarding House cafeteria. Lunch options are available at the School Cafeteria. During weekends, lunch will also be provided at the Boarding House.
- Comprehensive services for boarding students including; laundry facilities, wifi, study rooms, music practice rooms, leisure room and gardens.
Application fee: $100 one time non-refundable fee
|Sem 1||Sem 2||Price|
|Start||End||Start||End||Sem 1||Sem 2|
The above fees include GST.
*This fee includes:
(a) shared air-conditioned boarder rooms; (b) meals (breakfast and dinner daily; lunch on weekends/public holidays); (c) laundry (up to 10 pieces of clothing per wash, 3 times a week); and (d) internet access, (e) insurance, (f) all the fixtures, fittings and household effects but does not cover any miscellaneous charges such as holiday coverage, cleaning, storage fee etc. Such fees will be billed by the school depending on the requirement.
Boarding arrangement with Stamford will only cover the academic days of the year. Each boarder will have to organise holiday coverage directly with the Head of Boarding. Other miscellaneous fees imposed by the Boarding House may apply. Please refer to the boarding contract for more details.
Please fill in the form below if you're interested to learn more about our Boarding Program.