About the Program
The Lions Swim Team aims to provide the opportunity to pursue excellence in a training and competitive swimming program based on the principles of Long-Term Athlete Development. We aim to provide a planned training program that addresses the cognitive, physical and socio-emotional development of the student-swimmer alongside their academic expectations.
An athlete-centred, coach driven and parent/administrative support system is key to developing swimmers for lifelong participation and producing excellence, through a progressive goal-centred approach relevant to the developmental stages of the student-swimmers.
It will provide swimmers with the framework in which team spirit and a sense of community can grow with qualified and experienced coaches, instructors and support staff.
Along the way, our student - swimmers will learn lifelong and transferable skills related to; effective time management, setting and evaluating goals progressive goals that explore, challenge and stretch the athletes, coping with the adversities of disappointment and relishing opportunities to succeed
We recognize that athletes develop at different rates and the coaching staff is intent on allowing the individual nature of the sport to be fully realized. This will be pursued by offering a professional, quality and unrivaled comprehensive training program that adheres to the principles of long-term athlete development and provides each swimmer with the opportunities they need to progress and excel within the sport.
Gil Levy, Aquatics Director
Coach Gil Levy has competed at National Level and multiple World Championship and World Cup events bringing to Stamford an extensive and elite level international coaching experience. Having taught, worked with, coached and mentored multiple swimmers to the California State Championships, European Youth and European Junior Championships, World Championships, Commonwealth Games and Olympic Games, most notably Olympic Champion - Cameron van der Burgh and World Triathlon Champion - Alice Hector, Coach Levy is charged with driving up the standards of the Stamford Lions Aquatic Program.
Recent Swimming Success
Some highlights of our swimming achievements:
- Athletic Conference Singapore International School (ACSIS) Champions – Junior School
- South East Asia Student Activities Conference (SEASAC) Champions –Junior Girls Team
- International School Elite Team Singapore (ISET) – Max Silver, Daniel Looi, Levente Abraham, Minna Abraham, Liberty Kaplan, Danica O'Dwyer
- 2 x Singapore National Age Group National Record – Danica O'Dwyer
- Singapore National Age Group Champions – Liberty Kaplan, Danica O’Dwyer
- World Cup Qualifiers – Sydney Londergan, Minori Sato, Daniel Looi, Max Silver, Lear Eldar, Levente Abraham, (Minna Abraham … to be confirmed)
- National Team Selection – Daniel Looi to Singapore National Team, Lear Eldar to Israel National Team