Academic & Examination Board
The Stamford Cognita Advisory Board has appointed the following as members of the Academic Board and Examinations Board as required by the Private Education Act.
|Steven Desroches||Deputy Superintendent|
|Christie Powell||Director of Curriculum|
|Ocki Fernandes||High School Principal|
|Sheila Klein||Middle School Principal|
|Clare Johnstone||Upper Elementary School Principal|
|Elena De La Rosa||Lower Elementary School Principal|
|Michael Day||Early Years Principal|
|Paul Hodgkinson||Athletics Director|
|Chai Kwee Hong||Technology Director|
Academic Board Responsibilities
The Academic Board shall have the following responsibilities:
- To develop and review the policies and procedures on all academic matters of Stamford, including but not limited to academic quality assurance measures; and
- To facilitate the implementation of and compliance with such policies.
The Academic Board shall:
- Develop a set of standards to ensure the academic quality of every course to be offered or provided by Stamford, including but not limited to:
- The content of the modules or subjects of the course;
- The duration of the course; and
- The appropriate entry and graduation requirements;
- Approve each person to be deployed to teach any course offered or provided by Stamford or any module or subject thereof; after determining that the person possesses the minimum qualifications and experience; and
- Review the policies and procedures at least once a year.
The Academic Board may comprise various subgroups looking into the academic rigor of courses in different disciplines or subject areas.
Examinations Board Responsibilities
The Examinations Board shall have the responsibility to develop examination and assessment procedures, including but not limited to:
- The security of examination scripts and answer scripts;
- The conduct of examinations and assessments;
- The of duties and responsibilities of invigilators and markers;
- The moderation of examination and assessment marks; and
- The handling appeals from students with regard to examination or assessments.
Stamford American International School is owned by Stamford American International School Pte Ltd, a Singapore based company which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cognita Asia Holdings.
The Directors of Stamford American International School Pte Ltd are:
- Mr. Chris Jansen
- Mr. Dean Villa
- Ms. Angelina Tee
- Mr. Michael Drake
The Stamford Cognita Advisory Board has appointed Ms. Gwendolene Yeo as the Stamford EduTrust Management Representative as required by the 2009 Private Education Act.