Stamford American International School offers the International Baccalaureate (IB)
Primary Years Program, the IB Middle Years Program, the IB Diploma Program and
Advanced Placement program, together with our High School diploma. We base our
teaching and learning on challenging American standards. Our approach to education is
student-centered following an inquiry based interdisciplinary curriculum. Our curriculum
is broad based and academically rigorous. It incorporates the best practices in education
and benefits from constant improvement.
At Stamford we will:
• Maintain high standards of academic progress, achievement and performance
including preparation for admission to competitive universities in the U.S.
• Embrace the attributes of the International Baccalaureate learner profile so that we
guide all to be inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled,
open-minded, risk-takers, balanced, caring and reflective.
• Create an environment in our schools where all feel safe and secure and
• Develop students who are fluent in the Mandarin language or Spanish language as
well as in English, the language of instruction.
• Encourage all to become responsible contributing citizens of the school and within a
• Instill in students confidence and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
• Develop future leaders with active and innovative minds.
• Develop internationally minded citizens by fostering multicultural and
• Celebrate diversity and build an understanding of, and respect for, different value
systems and cultures.
• Promote critical understanding and compassion for others and the courage to act
based on one’s beliefs.
• Address a variety of learning needs including English as an Additional Language,
native language support, special needs support, enrichment and counseling so that
each individual can achieve success.
• Recruit, retain and professionally develop leading American and international
teachers and educators for our school.
• Be a reflective and thoughtful community, seeking input from a variety of resources
to successfully guide our progress.
• Continue to develop a welcoming community that supports happy and passionate
staff, students and parents.
Stamford Vision and Guiding Statements will guide us to fulfill our vision of becoming
the leading American and international school in Singapore, achieving excellence in
education, and promoting consistent values throughout our community.
As a school community we will continually strive to provide the best teaching and learning experiences for all so that each
individual achieves more than they believe they can.
We will celebrate our academic, sports and service accomplishments so that individuals and groups are recognized locally,
nationally and globally.
We will become the leading American international school in Singapore and achieve a global reputation for excellence and